LAG Plackovica, LAG Malesh-Pijanec, LAG Belasica-Ograzden, LAG Bojmija and LAG Aber-2015
1. Project Background
Project title: Community Development Program (CDP)
Implementer: Rural Development Network of North Macedonia
Partners: LAG Plackovica, LAG Malesh-Pijanec, LAG Belasica-Ograzden, LAG Bojmija, LAG Aber-2015, and SEG Holding
This program is part of the Local Works initiative through which USAID is helping communities to drive their own development by creating their own programs and activities. Rather than follow the typical top-down approach of initiatives created outside communities, the Community Development Program will stimulate locally-led development by supporting Local Action Groups and other local leadership efforts to engage community members in the design and delivery of solutions to their challenges and seek local resources to develop rural areas.
Objective: To develop rural areas in the targeted regions of North Macedonia and engage local actors in the identification and prioritization of the real community needs to rely on their own resources to undertake socio-economic and environmental-friendly investments, with increased commitment from (local) public and private sector
The goal of the Community development program (CDP) is to catalyze the development of less developed, rural communities in N. Macedonia (North-East, East, and South-East Planning Regions) through utilizing emerging cross-sector (public, private and civic sector) platforms represented also through 5 Local Action Groups: LAG Plackovica, LAG Malesh-Pijanec, LAG Belasica-Ograzden, LAG Bojmija, and LAG Aber-2015.
Component 1) Networking and Empowerment – Enabling single-sector and cross-sector liaising and capacity building of local stakeholders for developing innovative actions for improvement of local community wellbeing.
Component 2) Mobilization of local resources for achieving sustainable locally-led development models – as a process of bringing together as many stakeholders as possible to raise people’s awareness of and demand for actions for community development and to assist in the delivery of resources and services while strengthening community participation for achieving sustainability and self-reliance.
Component 3) Outreach and transfer of knowledge – community outreach implies providing critical information and access to that information to the wider community and public to achieve a broad understanding of the community self-reliance approach and transfer of knowledge to all interested stakeholders.
The project activities will take place in three regions of the country: East, North-East and South-East, through 5 Local Action Groups (LAGs), that include 18 municipalities, capitalizing on the established foundations of this interests-shared model of all involved parties. This project is funded by the USAID Community Development Program, implemented by the Rural Development Network of North Macedonia, with the support of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Introduction of the Scope of Work
SEG Consulting, as one of the Community Development Programme implementing partners, is responsible for the realization of training activities for the Local Action Groups and/or other relevant stakeholders in the targeted regions.
During the Training Needs Assessment (TNA) of the LAGs, conducted within the Community Development Programme, fund mobilization, as an approach to establishing a successful system at all levels within the LAGs was identified as a priority training/coaching support needed for capacity building of the LAGs.
The purpose of the training is to provide training participants from the target / mapped LAGs with knowledge and skills for mobilization of funds, planning and development project ideas and project logic of intervention, networking with other legal entities, as well as to get hands-on experience in applying methodology for the preparation of project proposals. The special focus of the training is the identification of available and potential sources of funding:
- provided by the international donor community such as the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) with the Rural Development Component (IPARD), other programs of the European Union (EU), the United States of America (USAID), other bilateral donors, international financial institutions, etc. as well as
- domestic sources – relevant Ministries, Fund for Innovation and Technological Development, etc.
Scope of Work
The main responsibility of the consultant will be to conduct 1 (one) one-day training on fund mobilizations for civil society organizations
The person will be responsible for preparing a methodology for conducting the training, designed according to the needs of the participants. The content of the trainings should cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the mobilization of funds
- what is fund mobilization?
- what are the main components of fund mobilization?
- what are the methods of resource mobilization?
- what is the difference between fundraising and resource mobilization? Etc.
- A brief introduction to European Union funds/USAID (European Union Programs available for the Republic of N. Macedonia and civil society organizations, monitoring calls from the European Union/USAID);
- Networking with other legal entities (state and public institutions, associations, and other legal entities);
- Introduction to Project cycle management;
- Overview for preparation of a project application for calls from the European Union/USAID etc.
The consultant will receive support from the responsible person of SEG Holding during the process of preparation of the methodology, introduction to the needs of the participants, as well as during the implementation of the training.
Period of execution of activities
Timeframe for the implementation of the training: July – August 2022.
Level of effort: The consultant will have 5 working days to prepare, implement and report on the service.
The selected expert will be responsible to deliver the following:
- Conducting a one-day training on Mobilization of funds;
- Development of work methodology;
- Preparation of presentations (PowerPoint) that will remain available to the organization;
- Preparation of a report and
- Preparation of working materials for the workshop participants.
Criteria and qualifications:
- Completed higher education;
- Experience of at least 5 years in implementing trainings with a focus on fund mobilization and project cycle management;
- Experience of at least 5 years in the development and application of projects for various international donors (practical experience in project cycle management will be an asset);
- Ability to plan, organize and communicate effectively and efficiently;
- Fluency in Macedonian and English;
- Focus on timely fulfillment of assigned tasks;
All interested candidates are required to submit:
- professional biography,
- portfolio / list of clients / organizations which received the same / similar activities ( training),
- proposed methodology for the planned training and
- financial proposal/offer per day in USD.
The documents marked Call for hiring a consultant for conducting fund mobilization trainings should be submitted by email to: email@example.com, no later than 12.07.2022 until 2:30 p.m.
* Legal entities can also apply for the call by nominating an individual who meets the conditions for conducting the engagement.
Evaluation and selection process:
Criteria for selecting a consultant:
- Experience and proposed methodology – 70%
- Financial offer – 30%