LAG Plackovica, LAG Malesh-Pijanec, LAG Belasica-Ograzden, LAG Bojmija and LAG Aber-2015
Project title: Community Development Program (CDP)
Implementer: Rural Development Network of North Macedonia
Partners: LAG Plackovica, LAG Malesh-Pijanec, LAG Belasica-Ograzden, LAG Bojmija, LAG Aber-2015 and SEG Holding.
This project is implemented by the Rural Development Network of North Macedonia, with funding from the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Objective: To develop rural areas in the targeted regions of North Macedonia and engage local actors in the identification and prioritization of the real community needs to rely on their own resources to undertake socio-economic and environmental-friendly investments, with increased commitment from (local) public and private sector. The goal of CDP is to catalyze the development of less developed, rural communities in N. Macedonia (North-East, East, and South-East Planning Regions) through utilizing emerging cross-sector (public, private and civic sector) platforms represented also through 5 Local Action Groups: LAG Plackovica, LAG Malesh-Pijanec, LAG Belasica-Ograzden, LAG Bojmija, and LAG Aber-2015. This program is part of the Local Works initiative through which USAID is helping communities to drive their own development by creating their own programs and activities. Rather than follow the typical top-down approach of initiatives created outside communities, CDP stimulates locally led development by supporting Local Action Groups and other local leadership efforts to engage community members in the design and delivery of solutions to their challenges and seek local resources to develop rural areas.
- Component 1: Networking and Empowerment – Enabling single-sector and cross-sector liaising and capacity building of local stakeholders for developing innovative actions for improvement of local community wellbeing.
- Component 2: Mobilization of local resources for achieving sustainable locally-led development models – as a process of bringing together as many stakeholders as possible to raise people’s awareness of and demand for actions for community development and to assist in the delivery of resources and services while strengthening community participation for achieving sustainability and self-reliance.
- Component 3: Outreach and transfer of knowledge – community outreach implies providing critical information and access to that information to the wider community and public to achieve a broad understanding of the community self-reliance approach and transfer of knowledge to all interested stakeholders.
The project activities take place in three planning regions of the country: East, North-East and South-East, through 5 Local Action Groups (LAGs), that include 18 municipalities, capitalizing on the established foundations of this interests-shared model of all involved parties.
Introduction to consultancy mission:
SEG Holding, as one of the CDP implementing partners, is responsible for realization of capacity building activities for the Local Action Groups and/or other relevant stakeholders in the targeted regions. During the Training Needs Assessment (TNA) of the LAGs, conducted within the CDP, one of the deficiencies present in all LAGs was the lack of knowledge on Philanthropy and Volunteerism. Namely, Philanthropy and Volunteerism is one of the required approaches that would contribute to achieving successful implementation of LAG strategies.
The purpose of this contract is to provide 1 training session on Philanthropy and Volunteerism for participants from the target Local Action Groups (LAGs). This training aims to support the LAGs in their preparation of strategies and implementation of community development initiatives. By integrating Philanthropy and Volunteerism into these initiatives, the LAGs can ensure that resources are allocated effectively, addressing the specific needs of the community and promoting sustainable development.
The training session will enhance the participants’ understanding of philanthropic practices and volunteer engagement, empowering them to actively contribute to local ownership of community initiatives. By equipping the participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to engage in philanthropy and volunteerism, the training will enable them to make informed decisions and effectively utilize resources in a way that supports community development.
Overall, the goal of this contract is to provide a training session that fosters the integration of Philanthropy and Volunteerism into community development initiatives, empowering the LAGs to contribute to sustainable development and facilitate local ownership of community initiatives.
Scope of Work
The main responsibility of the Capacity building expert will be to conduct one-day training on Philanthropy and Volunteerism for the purpose of community development initiatives. The capacity building expert’s main objective is to facilitate a comprehensive training session that equips participants with the knowledge, skills, and practical tools required for effective philanthropy and volunteeris. Timeframe for implementation of the training: June 2023
The Capacity building expert will have total of 5 working days to prepare, implement and report on the training delivery. The person will be responsible for preparing a methodology for conducting the training, designed according to the needs of the participants. The content of the training should cover the following topics:
Philanthropy and Volunteerism training:
- Introduction to Philanthropy and Volunteerism:
- Defining philanthropy and volunteerism.
- Understanding their importance in community development.
- Community Needs Assessment:
- Techniques for assessing community needs and challenges.
- Involving local stakeholders in the assessment process.
- Effective Philanthropic Practices:
- Strategies for impactful philanthropy and responsible giving.
- Ethical considerations in philanthropic activities.
- Volunteer Management and Engagement:
- Recruiting, training, and retaining volunteers.
- Overcoming challenges in volunteer management.
- Cross-Sector Collaboration:
- Collaborating with public, private, and civic sectors.
- Leveraging resources for community development.
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Responsibility:
- Integrating sustainability into philanthropic initiatives.
- Promoting social and environmental responsibility.
The Capacity building expert will receive support from the responsible person at SEG Holding during the process of preparation of the methodology, introduction to the needs of the participants, as well as during the implementation of the training.
Tasks to be performed by the Capacity building expert:
- Development of work methodology for the training
- Preparation of presentations (Power Point) that will remain available to the organization pertinent to the training
- Preparation of working materials for the workshop participants for training
- Conducting a one-day training
- Preparation of report for training delivery
Required qualifications of the Capacity building expert:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in law/economics/social sciences or related disciplines or at least 7 years of experience working with different sector entities in socio-economic development and/or rural development and/or regional/municipal development.
- At least 5 references in preparing/conducting/facilitating trainings/workshops/seminars with focus on Philanthropy and Volunteerism policies or researches.
- Ability to plan, organize and communicate effectively and efficiently
- Fluency in Macedonian and English language
- Focus on timely fulfillment of assigned tasks
All interested candidates are required to submit:
- professional biography (CV),
- portfolio / list of clients / organizations which received the same / similar activities (e.g. training),
- proposed brief methodology for the planned training and
- financial offer form for training and respective days
The documents marked Call for hiring a Capacity building expert for conducting training on Philanthropy and Volunteerism, should be submitted by email to: email@example.com, no later than 22.06.2023 until 12 p.m.
The applicants will be notified of the results of the call, electronically, no later than 5 days after the selection.
Criteria for selecting a Capacity building expert:
- Experience – 70%
- Financial offer – 30%