For the newly awarded USAID/ North Macedonia Community Self-Reliance Activity Program – Community Development Program (CDP) – in North Macedonia, implemented by Rural Development Network of North Macedonia; Local Action Group (LAG) Belasica-Ograzden; Association of Rural Development Local Action Group (LAG) for Rural Development Aber-2015; Association Local Action Group (LAG) Bojmija; Association of Rural Development Local Action Group (LAG) Plachkovica; Local Action Group (LAG) Malesh-Pijanec and SEG Holding, we are seeking company/individual for:
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Expert position
August 04th 2021
Community Development Program (CDP) is a five-year contract, awarded to Rural Development Network of North Macedonia (RDN) as lead applicant to catalyze locally-led development as only the sustainable model that can be replicated and scaled-up in compatible thematic sectors or geographic areas. The project goal of CDP is to reinforce RDN and Local Action Groups (LAGs) models as well as other local leadership efforts in engaging local actors in the design and delivery of participatory solutions and resource allocation for the development of their rural areas.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Expert primary responsibility is to support the Chief of Party in design and oversee the monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the project. This individual will be responsible for producing and updating a comprehensive MEL Plan of the project and regularly supervising its implementation vis-à-vis the program planned activities and designed objectives and indicators. The MEL Expert will collect data based on the MEL Plan adopted on regular bases – thus, feedback mechanism will be complementing the ongoing monitoring and evaluation. MEL Expert will track progress of the CDP, analyz and cross-check it with the MEL findings, to be presented before the key personnel and local self-reliance groups and help adopt decisions for change or continuation of the activities. The MEL Expert position will be provided by sub-awardee SEG Holding and will be embedded in the project team and office in Skopje. The selected company/expert will be required to adhere to RDN and program policies and procedures applicable to the employee’s project role and duties and will report to the Project. The MEL Expert will work total of 250 consultancy days, for the period of August 17th 2021 until June 9th 2026.
Qualifications for the proposed MEL Expert:
- A university degree in public policy, business administration, economy, social sciences, or another relevant field. Post-bachelor degree will be considered an advantage;
- Minimum 10 years of USAID and other international donor experience in monitoring, evaluation, research of projects and programs;
- Demonstrated experience with USAID funded programs and/or other international organizations’ programs with an accent on capacity building, monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in developing monitoring indicators and designing and using appropriate data collection tools;
- Strong command in data analysis, report writing, and presentation skills in English and Macedonian;
- Strong skills using MS Office, PowerPoint, and statistical data software;
- Experience working with projects and/or staff of culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures;
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
Please apply by sending your Cover Letter and proof of experience in English by August 13th 2021, 16:00 pm, on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject: Job application for MEL Expert position.